Once your clinic is set up to take online bookings, you will be listed in the HotDoc website and mobile app.
A patient may be directed to your clinic via google search, your embedded booking widget on your website, or they may search our the HotDoc website or app for a practitioner that meets their needs.
To book an appointment at your clinic, the patient goes through the following steps:
- Once the patient is ready to make a booking, they will begin their booking process by selecting the Book Appointment button or by viewing the practitioner and selecting See Available Appointment Times:
- The patient will then be asked if they are booking for themselves, someone else or a family member/friend:
- They then select if this person is new to the clinic or if they are an existing patient:
- They select the type of appointment they would like to book and will view any messages associated with this appointment type (if configured in your HotDoc Dashboard settings):
- The patient will then select the desired appointment time:
- If the holder of the account is booking for a new family member who is not yet added to the account, they will be asked to enter their details and confirm if they have consent to book on behalf of this patient:
- After choosing who they are booking for and a date/time, various screens may appear depending on any settings you have to set up Patient Screening, Payments, or whether you have chosen to capture notes associated with the patient's appointment.
- The patient will then be asked to verify their appointment details before confirming their booking request:
- If the appointment requires any additional actioning by the clinic, the patient may see the following screen informing them of the request being sent, but not confirmed:
- Alternatively, if the appointment is automatically confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address on their HotDoc account containing the appointment details and the patient will be able to review their confirmed appointment in their HotDoc app.