Patient Alerts allow you to control a patient's access to appointment bookings and kiosk check-ins.
- For bookings, any time a patient with a Patient Alert makes an appointment using HotDoc, you will be notified via the Sidebar where reception will have the ability to confirm or dismiss the appointment.
- For check-in, when a patient with a Patient Alert tries to check in via the kiosk, they will be directed to complete their check-in at reception.
- You can control if the alert is used for bookings, check-in or both.
How to create a Patient Alert:
- Log in to your HotDoc Dashboard and navigate to Bookings > Patient Alerts > New Alert:
- Enter the details of the patient you are creating the alert for and select if this alert is for Bookings, Check-Ins or both. Save your changes with the green Save button.
- HotDoc uses surname and date of birth to identify patients with Patient Alerts so please make sure these details are correct
- The Internal Note will display in your Sidebar. This message will not be shown to the patient.
- All of your Patient Alerts will appear in a list on the Patient Alerts page where you can edit or delete them as you wish. If the list is long, you can search all of your existing Patient Alerts using this search bar:
- Once a Patient Alert is set, the patient's appointment request will go to the Sidebar for approval or dismissal. If approved, the patient will receive a confirmation email. If dismissed, the patient will receive an email to let them know their request was not successful. Please note: the patient will never be told if there has been an alert place on their details.