Patient Alerts allow you to control a patient's access to appointment bookings and kiosk check-ins.
- For bookings, any time a patient with a Patient Alert makes an appointment using HotDoc, you will be notified via the Sidebar where reception will have the ability to confirm or dismiss the appointment.
- For check-in, when a patient with a Patient Alert tries to check in via the kiosk, they will be directed to complete their check-in at reception.
- You can control if the alert is used for bookings, check-in or both.
How to create a Patient Alert:
- Log in to your HotDoc Dashboard and navigate to Bookings > Patient Alerts.
- Click on Add Alert.
- Fill out the details of the patient you are creating the alert for and select if this alert is for Bookings, Check-Ins or both. Then, be sure to save your changes. HotDoc uses surname and date of birth to identify patients with Patient Alerts.
Note: Please ensure the patient details are correct. The Internal Note will display in your Sidebar. This message will not be shown to the patient.
All of your Patient Alerts will appear in a list on your Dashboard. You can remove or edit Patient Alerts here. If the list is long, you can search all of your existing Patient Alerts using this search bar: