Best Practice - Medical Director (Pracsoft) - Zedmed - Helix - Genie - Optomate - Dental4Windows - HotDoc Calendar
Patient Alerts allow you to control a patient's access to online appointment bookings and Kiosk Check-ins. You can control whether the alert is used for Bookings, Check-in or both.
- For Bookings: any time a patient with a 'Patient Alert' makes an appointment using HotDoc, you will be notified via the Sidebar where you will have the ability to confirm or dismiss the appointment.
- For Check-ins: when a patient with a 'Patient Alert' tries to check in via the Kiosk, they will be directed to complete their check-in with reception.
In this article
How to create a Patient Alert
- Log in to your HotDoc Dashboard and navigate to Bookings > Patient Alerts > New Alert:
- Enter the details of the patient you are creating the alert for and select if this alert is for Bookings, Check-Ins or both. Save your changes with the green Save button.
- HotDoc uses Last Name and Date of Birth to identify patients with Patient Alerts, so please make sure these details are correct
- The Internal Note will display in your Sidebar. This message will not be shown to the patient.
When setting up a Patient Alert, please ensure that only the patient's surname is entered into the 'Last Name' field and not their full name. ⓘ Important
- All of your alerts will appear in a list on the Patient Alerts page, where you can edit or delete them as you wish. If the list is long, you can search using the 'Filter by name' search bar:
- Once a Patient Alert is set, if a patient with a matching last name and date of birth requests a booking via HotDoc, the appointment request will go to the Sidebar for approval or dismissal.
- If approved, the patient will receive a confirmation message.
- If dismissed, the patient will receive an email to let them know their request was declined. Note that the patient will never be told if there is an alert in place matching their details.
What does the patient see?
- When a patient attempts to make a booking at your practice and a Patient Alert has been successfully setup, the patient will be notified that their appointment request has been sent:
- When the appointment is Rejected from the sidebar an email will automatically send to the patient informing them their booking has been declined and to call the practice for more information. The appointment status will update to Appointment Declined in their HotDoc account: