HotDoc Forms allows you create a custom form based off an existing demographic or clinical template. Creating a digital form for your new patients to fill out is easily done through the HotDoc Dashboard.
In this article
The following training video is a quick guide on how to set up and edit a form in your HotDoc Dashboard. Alternatively, read the steps in the article below.
How to create a Form
- Log into the HotDoc Dashboard and navigate to Forms > Forms :
- Select Create Form:
- Next, select Get Started:
- From here, choose the type of form you prefer:
- The demographic form is a shorter form and captures the main demographics details of the patient.
- The clinical form is our longer form, which asks the patient their main demographic details and also for a more detailed clinical history.
Once you have decided, select the Use Template button:
- Once you've chosen a form type, you will then be asked to determine which question fields are Required or Optional. Alternatively, If you would prefer to remove a field altogether, you can select Don't include.
- Required: Patients must fill this out before submitting (e.g. Full Name/DOB)
- Optional: Patients can skip this if the field isn't relevant to them (e.g. Pension Card)
- Don't include: These questions won't be shown on your form
- If you want to remove an entire section, select the Remove Section option:
- Once you have made your desired changes, Click Continue:
- If you need to make any further changes to your form or add in custom questions, you can select the Edit button in your Forms Dashboard. See How to edit a New Patient Registration Form for more information.
- Once your form is completed you can select preview, to view your form:
This will open in a new tab and show you a preview of what your patient will see. See What does the New Patient form look like for the Patient? for more information.
- If you are happy with the form, you can also choose whether to send the form as soon as a new patient makes a booking with your practice. If switched on, HotDoc will send the form request a few minutes after we've synced their appointment. If not switched on, HotDoc will send a request the day before the new patient's appointment:
- Select Make Live when you are ready to switch on your form and start sending it to new patients and Yes, make live to confirm:
- Lastly, once live, if you need to make it unavailable again, select Make unavailable and the form will no longer be shown to patients.
We recommend you follow all the steps in our Getting started guide before you switch your form to live.