Setting up your HotDoc Repeats account will allow HotDoc to know what kind of prescriptions and referrals you will be accepting online, as well as your payment provider information.
Follow the the training video, or the information written below, to setup your HotDoc Repeats Account.
In this article
How to setup your HotDoc Repeats account
- Log in to your HotDoc Dashboard and navigate to Repeats > Setup:
2. Fill in some practice details to create your Repeats account:
- The Practice Name field is pre-populated with the name that is displayed on your HotDoc account.
- The Practice contact person and notification email address fields will be used as the best point of contact at the Clinic, for example, the Practice Manager or Reception Team Leader:
How to setup Prescriptions
You can choose one or multiple delivery methods within the Prescription Pricing section of the setup.
- Select the checkbox for each Repeat Request Type you wish to offer at your clinic. The delivery methods include:
- Collection from the clinic
- Post to the patient
- Send electronically to a pharmacy
- SMS eScript to patient
- Email eScript to patient
- Enter the different payment amounts you'd like to charge for each delivery method. Revenue breakdowns will then be calculated and displayed to the right:
- Next in the Prescription Disclaimer section, you can can view and customise the disclaimer the patient must read and agree to before submitting a script request. Select Customise to adjust this disclaimer:
- Edit the custom text in the box by editing and adding what is required specifically for your clinic and when done, select Close:
- If you have chosen to offer Fax to pharmacy, you will need to nominate your preferred pharmacies. You can add as many pharmacies as you like, just select the Add Pharmacy button to start:
On the next screen, enter your chosen pharmacy details and select the green Save button when finished:
How to setup eScripts
|HotDoc can assist with offering the option of an eScript if your clinical software has the ability to process and send these to patients.|
- Within the Prescription Pricing section, there are two delivery methods you can enable:
- Email eScript to the patient (You will email the eScript to the patient).
- SMS eScript to the patient (You will send the eScript via SMS to the patient).
- Once you select the checkbox, you will be asked if your clinical software supports sending an eScript. If so, select Yes to enable this delivery method.
- Enter the different payment amounts you'd like to charge for eScripts delivery method.
Patients will then be able to request an electronic prescription from your HotDoc bookings page. Some important things to note:
- This delivery method allows for patients to order their prescriptions through your booking page, we will not send electronic scripts to patients.
- When a patient requests an eScript, we will let them know the prescription will be sent to their mobile number or email address stored in their patient file at the clinic and not the details they provide in their online request. This is to ensure you send the prescription to the patients correct mobile/email address.
For more information on the process of ordering an electronic prescription, please review HotDoc Repeats - The Patient Journey.
How to setup Referrals
You can choose one or multiple delivery methods within the Referral Pricing section within the setup.
- If accepting Referral requests, you can repeat the setup steps above for the Referral Pricing section. The delivery methods include:
- Collection from the clinic
- Fax to specialist
- If accepting Referrals, you can also view and customise the disclaimer the patient must read and agree to before submitting a referral request. Select Customise in the Referral Disclaimer section to adjust this disclaimer:
- Lastly, if it's your first time setting up, you may need to enter your payment provider information:
If you have not yet created your Payment account, see How to setup a Payment Provider.
- Click the Update Details button to save your changes and finish your setup.