When a patient confirms their appointment via a HotDoc Reminder, you are able to see a visual confirmation of this in real time. Knowing how to check if an appointment has been confirmed will aid in appointment book management and provide a clear picture of your clinic's schedule.
There are two ways in which you will be able to see if a patient has confirmed their appointment.
Confirmations can be firstly be viewed through the HotDoc Dashboard in the History page.
To see this, log in to your HotDoc Dashboard and navigate into the left hand menu to Reminders > History:
There are a number of filtering options to find specific appointments. Alternatively, the list on the page is automatically sorted to show a live history of Reminders, with the most recently sent at the top of the list.
In this section of the Dashboard, you will be able to view:
- All of the SMS Reminders that were queued to send by HotDoc
- The patient's name, appointment time, practitioner and appointment type
- The type of Reminder that was sent
- The current status of the Reminder (whether the patient has received, viewed, confirmed or cancelled their upcoming appointment)
In the status column, a green dot will indicate that the patient has confirmed their appointment via their Reminder.
A yellow dot will indicate that the appointment has been Sent but is yet to be confirmed:
A red dot will indicate that the appointment has been Cancelled via their Reminder:
Selecting the View button will show you further details about the patient and their Reminders journey if it's been through more than one status:
The Appointment Book
Confirmations can also be viewed directly within your appointment book.
How this is displayed may depend on your clinical software. The following indicates how the different variations will generally display in your appointment book:
- Patient opens the SMS link = no change to the appointment
- Patient cancels = the appointment is removed from the book
- Patient confirms = a [C] is placed next to appointment in the book
- If a patient confirms for a clinic running Best Practice version Jade and above, a green circle is also applied to the appointment in the book
- If your clinic is using Pracsoft to manage appointments, please see How do Reminders write back to my Pracsoft Appointment Book?