Sending SMS Recalls might be a new experience for your team or your patients. This guide will take you through the step by step of what a patient sees when they receive a Recalls SMS.
Please review the video and steps below to learn more.
- If an SMS has been sent to a patient because of an upcoming clinical reminder reason, the patient will firstly receive the SMS message to their mobile device as pictured below:
- They will then need to click on the link, where they will be taken to a secure verification page. To ensure HotDoc is delivering the message to the right person, the patient will need to complete a three-point identity check by entering their surname, mobile number and date of birth:
- Once the patient correctly enters their details, the message that you have created for the relevant template will populate on the patients phone. See the article here if you would like some assistance with changing the message the patient views after verifying their details:
- If you have chosen to add the direct booking link in any of your templates, the patient will be given the option to book from within the Recall message itself via the 'Book Appointment' button:
- If the patient does not click into their link and verify their details, HotDoc will continue to send SMS to the patient as per the template sequence: