HotDoc Reminders pre-populates a default copy for your SMS Reminder. We recommend that you use this copy where possible as it sits within one SMS credit and allows the patient to both reply to the SMS and use the unique link:
If your clinic has specific needs that aren't addressed int he default copy, you can customise this copy through your HotDoc Dashboard.
- Navigate to Reminders > Settings:
- Scroll down to the Standard Reminder section to edit the copy included in a Standard Reminder (by default, the message that is sent 24 hours before a scheduled appointment):
- We recommend using placeholders where possible to customise the message sent:
You can find helpful tips on how to keep your Reminder messages short while still being informative on HotDoc's blog.
- If your clinic has Immediate and/or Early Reminders enabled, the copy can also be configured on this page by scrolling down further:
- Once you are happy with the changes you have made, press the Save button in the lower right corner and the new text will begin to be sent out immediately: