Some HotDoc Walk Ins settings are also easily accessible from the Sidebar. This allows Reception to control walk in availability for the clinic during the day even if they don't have access to the HotDoc Dashboard.
To access these settings, click the 'MENU' button in the HotDoc Sidebar, then click into 'Walk-Ins Settings':
From here, you can activate or deactivate walk ins, or do the same for the 'Next Available Practitioner' settings.
The Sidebar can only toggle these settings on or off. To allocate a practitioner to these 'Next Available Settings', you will need to log into the Dashboard and follow the instructions here.
These settings are to manage individual practitioners and their availability. Each practitioner setting is colour coded depending on their current availability:
- Green means the practitioner is currently available for walk in bookings made via the Kiosk.
- Orange means the practitioner is currently unavailable for walk in bookings via the kiosk because they have been manually set this way via the HotDoc Sidebar
- Grey means the practitioner is not currently scheduled to be available.
A practitioner can have 1 of 3 availability statuses:
- Scheduled - the practitioner's availability depends on their schedule
- Manually on - the practitioner's availability was overridden to 'Available until tomorrow' via the HotDoc Sidebar. This will make the practitioner available for walk ins until the next day.
- Manually off - the practitioner's availability was overridden to 'Unavailable until reverted' via the HotDoc Sidebar. This means the practitioner will not be available for walk ins until they have been reverted back in the same way.
The image to the right shows these statuses in action.