If you are yet to activate your practice for Walk Ins please click here to learn more
When a patient uses the Kiosk to book a Walk In appointment, what does the Patient see on the Kiosk?
The patient will firstly see a welcome screen on the Kiosk when they arrive at the practice.
- If your practice only has “Allow Walk Ins” active, the patient will see the following screen:
- If your practice has both Check in and Walk ins activated, the patient will see the following screen:
After tapping the Walk In button, the patient will then go through the following workflow:
- The patient will be asked three security questions: Surname, Gender, DOB
- If we are unable to find a patient matching these details, the patient will see a screen prompting them to go to the reception.
- If a patient match is found they will then see the doctor selection screen. This screen will show them all of the doctors available for walk ins. They may see specific practitioner's names or “Next Available Practitioner”, “Next Available Female Practitioner” and “Next Available Male Practitioner”, depending on the settings that have been enabled.
- When the patient taps any of the Check Availability buttons, they will be presented with the available appointment types. These appointment types are the same as those set in Bookings:
- When an appointment type has been selected the patient will then see which doctors are available. Practitioners will be shown as available if they are scheduled to be so and if they perform the selected appointment type.
- A patient can then choose which specific practitioner they want to see. When they tap one of the options they will see a screen to review the details of their walk in appointment:
- The patient can then review their details and tap the Request Walk In Appointment button to confirm their appointment.
- They will see the appointment confirmed screen:
If 'Next Available' settings have been activated, these options will show at the top of the list before the Practitioners. 'Next available' options are calculated based on the availability of all practitioners activated for Walk Ins.