There may be appointment types that you wish to advertise online but are only bookable via your reception team. Some common appointment types are:
- Care Plans
- Specific Immunisations
- Tandem appointment types
To assist with this, you are able to create an appointment type in your dashboard that will appear on your page but will not be bookable online. When a patient selects this type, they will be asked to phone the practice directly to organise an appointment. This is particularly useful for appointments that require extra scheduling requirements such as Care Plans.
How to create an appointment type to be unavailable online
- Log in to your HotDoc Dashboard here.
- In the menu on the left go to Bookings > Appointment Types and select the appointment type you want to change by clicking on the blue "Edit" button:
- Under the name, please uncheck the Enabled for online appointments checkbox:
- Create a message that you would like your patients to see when they select this appointment type online and click Save (please note, a message is required in order to save your changes):
- When your patients try to book an appointment on your booking page, they will see the following:
- On selecting the appointment type, they will be shown your message instead: