Recalls will go through different statuses as they are synced into the Dashboard and their sequence commences. Below you will find a breakdown of what each status means as well as any action you may need to take with the Recall.
All 'To action' recalls will need to have some form of action taken before they can progress and start/continue sending to the patient.
- To action - New reminder type:
This recall has been pulled into the clinic's dashboard and is 'new', this will either need to be assigned to an existing Recall Template or you will need to create a new Recall Template. For a guide on how to create a new template, see here.
- To action - Patient invalid age:
This patient is outside of your chosen age range for recalls. You will need to either 'remind the patient by post' or 'mark as done' and contact the patient directly via phone. Alternatively, to change these settings please go to Recalls > Settings in your dashboard.
- To action - Invalid phone number:
The phone number on the patient's file is either incomplete or may not be a mobile number. You will either need to update the mobile number on the patient's file or choose to 'remind the patient by post'.
- To action - Patient opted out:
This patient has chosen to opt out of SMS communication. This may be selected in your Practice Management System or the patient may have manually opted out via HotDoc. You will need to either 'remind the patient by post' or 'mark as done' and contact the patient directly via phone. Alternatively you can edit their HotDoc consent status by clicking on the patient's name.
- To action - Paused
If your template is not set to Send HotDoc Recall automatically, you may see some Recalls under a Paused state. You can choose to manually send the recall by selecting Resume.
- To action - Patient has appointment:
If you have Pause on Booking enabled for some of your templates, you will receive this message if the patient has an appointment in the book, which is different from that which is linked to the template. (see a relevant support guide here). In this instance, you are able to either verify the appointment by clicking 'Verify Appointment' in the Reminder Details screen, change the appointment in the book so it matches that which is linked to the result template, or start the result sequence again
- To action - Patient seen not resolved
If you have Pause on Booking enabled, you may see this if the patient has attended their booking, but their recall has not been resolved in their patient record. In this instance, we would suggest checking with the patient's practitioner to make sure the recall has been marked as given or resolved.
In Progress recalls are currently in the middle of a communication sequence and generally do not need to be checked.
- In progress: This will show all Recalls currently in the process of being sent out (do not require any action).
- In progress: Patient has appointment: This will only show for Results which templates are set to 'Pause on Booking'. These require no further action as the patient has booked an appointment which has been verified as being relevant to the result in question.
This refers to all Recalls that are 'Done' (no further action will be taken by HotDoc)
- Done - Patient Read Reminder: The patient has received their SMS, opened the link and verified their details (entered their DOB and last name). This patient has seen their reminder message.
- Done - Marked as done: The Recall has either been manually marked as done in the dashboard by a member of staff, or the recall is assigned to a sequence that will automatically mark it as 'done'.
- Done -Letter Downloaded and sent: The recall letter has been generated and printed to be sent to the patient. (Please note, you will need to ensure the letter has been printed, once generated)
- Done - Resolved in clinical software: The Recall has been removed/completed/had the due date changed within your Clinical Software.
- Done - Out of date: The reminder was never assigned to a template, and as a result, was not actioned, and is now older than 4 weeks. These patients should be followed up directly if it’s still clinically significant that they attend for an appointment. If you wish to start the recall again, please click 'start again'.
Please note that any recall, no matter their status will update to Done - Resolved in Clinical Software if the recall is marked as such in the clinical software whilst it is still in the sync window. Done - Resolved in Clinical Software is the final stage of HotDoc communications.
Click here to see more information on how to filter Recalls