How do I restart the recall sequence, so that I can contact the patient again for their recall?
You can restart a recall sequence even after the patient has finished the SMN sequence or read their recall. Common reasons to restart a Recall are:
- A patient has read their recall, but still hasn’t booked an appointment at the practice so you want to try messaging them again.
- You selected ‘marked as done’ on a recall for a patient as they had an appointment, but they didn’t turn up so you need to put them back in the SMN schedule.
Once restarted, the patient will be scheduled to have the 1st message again, as per the template setting (and get a 2nd and 3rd if the template includes that).
If the template is a letter only, then the patient will appear in the 'To Post' page.
How to restart a recall sequence
- Log in to your HotDoc Dashboard and click Recalls > Clinical Reminders, Results or Activity:
- Select the All tab at the top of the screen.
- To restart individual patients Recall, you can click on the individual patient's name and click Start again.
- If you have several patients, you can click multiple patients and use Batch Actions.