The HotDoc Dashboard allows you to add or edit a practitioner on your clinic's online bookings page, customising their individual profile and selecting the appointment types that they perform.
Filling in each profile with this information will assist your patients in booking an online appointment with the practitioner that best meets their needs.
Once created, each practitioner profile will have an Edit section that is divided into three parts:
- Practitioner Profile
- Online Bookings Settings
- Appointment Types
In order to display the relevant appointments online for each of your practitioners, you will need to set up your appointment types. For more information on how to do this please click here.
In this article
How to add or edit a Practitioner
- Log in to your HotDoc Dashboard
- Select Bookings in the left menu, then Practitioner Setup. To edit an existing practitioner, you can toggle between the All, Visible, Non Visible or Archived filter to select the practitioner of your choice. Then select Edit next to their name:
- To add a new practitioner click on New Practitioner in the top right corner:
- If adding a practitioner, you will be asked for the name of the practitioner (this is what will show on your booking page). Please enter the name you'd like to display and click Create:
The Practitioner Profile is where you can edit the Display Name, make a link to the corresponding practitioner in your clinical software and upload other custom options such as:
You will need to link your practitioner profile to the corresponding profile in your clinical software by using the drop down menu under the Link to [Clinical Software] section. For more information on this process, click on the link below:
Once a link has been established, you are able to tick the Visible for Online Bookings box, which will ensure this profile will show as bookable on your clinic page when this change is saved.
|If a practitioner is not linked, they will not appear on your booking page|
Online Bookings Settings
The online booking settings section will allow you to:
- Switch the practitioner on or off for online bookings by toggling the Visible for Online Bookings checkbox.
- Tell new patients to call the clinic to ensure that any patients who indicate that they are new to the clinic will need to call to book an appointment with this practitioner.
- Set how far into the future a patient can make a booking by entering a number of days in the box next to Patients can book an appointment online no more than. (The default is always set to the maximum amount of 90 days)
To ensure a patient is able to request an appointment with a practitioner, you will need to enable appointment types on their individual profile.
- The Appointment Types section will display all appointment types that have been created. To learn how to add or edit these appointment types, click here.
- Switching an appointment type on for a practitioner is as simple as selecting the checkbox next to the appointment type and saving your changes:
- If the default appointment type settings you have already created do not apply to a particular practitioner, you are able to edit each type by clicking on Edit and editing the applicable details:
- If the appointment type accepts payments, you can adjust a practitioner's individual payment amount here. This is particularly handy if you accept different payment amounts per practitioner: