After your clinic has been activated for HotDoc Reminders, you can turn the product on and start sending SMS immediately by following the steps below.
How to turn SMS Reminders on
- Log in to your HotDoc Dashboard.
- Navigate to Reminders > Settings.
- At the top of the page you will see the 'Activate Reminders' section. It is best to leave this switched to 'Off' until you are ready to start sending out Reminders:
- You can also enable or disable Push Notifications:
More information on this feature can be found here.
- In the 'Who should get Reminders?' section, you can set a maximum age for patients receiving Reminder messages, and also choose to ignore a patient's opt-in/opt-out status in your practice management system (if this has been collected):
- You can then decide whether you would like to send your Sunday or Monday appointment reminders on the Friday before the weekend by checking this feature box:
Once this basic set up has been completed, you can move to the next step: Selecting your appointment books and doctors.