When a patient makes a booking through HotDoc, there are some restrictions on how far in advance a patient can make an appointment and how many appointments a patient can make. Some of these restrictions are hardcoded and some are variable depending on the settings that you choose in the Dashboard.
In this article
Appointment Quantity Restrictions
The following appointment restriction is hardcoded and cannot be adjusted.
- There is a maximum of 20 upcoming appointments for each HotDoc account holder at one time, this includes any appointments for dependants.
- Once this limit is reached, the patient will see the below message
Future Booking Availability
Available appointments will show on the online booking system up to a maximum of 120 days into the future, from today's date.
This can be adjusted if you wish, by following the instructions below:
- Login into the Dashboard.
- Navigate to Bookings > Appointment Types and click Edit next to the desired appointment type:
- Scroll down the page to the "Templates for Practitioners" section and edit the number of days into the future that you want availability to be displayed on your online booking page.
Note: if this is set to 0 then no availability will be shown at all and the maximum availability is 120 days:
- Click Save.
Booking with Multiple Practitioners on the Same Day
If you don't want patients to book with multiple practitioners at your practice on the same day, then you can limit this through the Practitioner settings on the Dashboard.
- Login into the Dashboard
- Navigate to Bookings > Practitioner Setup and click Edit next to the Practitioner's name:
- Scroll down the page to the "Online Bookings Settings" section and untick the box to allow patients to book with other practitioners on the same day as this practitioner.
Please note: When a new practitioner is made visible for online bookings, this setting is ticked by default.
- Click Save.