The Hide Sessions feature allows you to block parts of a practitioner's session from showing as available to book online.
This feature is often used to quickly take availability offline (e.g. if a doctor calls in sick) or to hide times that you may want to only be available by phone (e.g. walk ins or weekend slots).
This guide will show you how to hide a session from being visible to be booked online via the HotDoc Dashboard.
Hiding a session time
- Log into the HotDoc Dashboard and navigate to Bookings > Hide Sessions:
- Select the relevant doctor from the drop down list:
- You will then be shown the Doctor's sessions that HotDoc have synced in green blocks:
- Click the time you wish to block, or click and drag within the calendar to select a larger amount of time. You will then see a box appear with further details where you can:
- Adjust the duration manually
- Choose how frequently you wish this block to repeat (daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly)
- Choose how long you wish the block to repeat (forever or until a specified date)
- Add a description to appear in the calendar with this block
- Once you are satisfied with your settings, select Save:
- Once saved, the calendar on the Hide Sessions page will update to display the times that have been hidden (this will show in red):
- If you would like to edit an existing block, you are able to do so by clicking on the block and adjusting the details. If you'd like to remove the block, select Delete Session: