As your patients submit Repeats requests, you will need to action these through the HotDoc Dashboard.
This guide will take you through how to approve and reject requests from patients when they are received via HotDoc Repeats.
In this article
How do I know I have an outstanding request?
|When a patient submits a request, HotDoc will email your Practice contact person on the email that was designated during setup.|
If you prefer that the emails go to a different email address than what was setup originally, please change this in your HotDoc Dashboard under Repeats > Setup:
Example of where the Practice contact details are setup
The email received will look like the image below, whereby a link is presented as well as the name of the Doctor who the repeat has been requested from:
Example of an Repeats request email that is sent to the Practice contact person
It is also recommended to check your HotDoc dashboard for pending requests just in case any issues arise with the email being received. To check your HotDoc Dashboard, see below.
How do I handle the request when I receive it?
Once you receive a request, there are a couple of different ways that you can action this:
- Some clinics will forward the email they have received to the specific doctor to action. The doctor will need to be signed into the HotDoc Dashboard with your clinic login in order to click the link and action the request.
- Some clinics will have either the Practice Manager, Nurse or Receptionist click the link to log into the HotDoc Dashboard and then view and print the request. They then hand this request to the Doctor to approve or reject. The Doctor then hands this back to the clinic staff who actions this in the HotDoc Dashboard.
If you have a number of repeats awaiting action, we will also send a follow up email to ask you to sign into your HotDoc Dashboard and action these accordingly:
Example of a reminder email sent for Repeats
How to approve or reject a request
Once you've decided on which way you prefer to handle your requests, please follow the instructions below to learn how to approve or reject a request in the HotDoc Dashboard.
- With clinics using Stripe, the funds are taken immediately from the patient as soon as they submit the request. If you reject the request, the funds are refunded back to the customer within 5-10 business days.
- With clinics using Pin Payments, the funds are held in a pre-authorised state for 5 days. If the request is not actioned within that time, the funds are returned to the patient automatically within 5-10 business days.
- Click into the link in the email, or to view all of your pending requests please log in to your HotDoc Dashboard and navigate to Repeats > Prescription Requests/Referral Requests
- You can view all pending requests by selecting the Pending filter in the top right corner. You can also use GP filters and patient search if you were after a specific request:
- View the relevant request by clicking on Review on the left hand side:
- From here, you can review the full details of the request, reassign it to another GP, or either you or the Doctor can Approve or Reject the request by clicking on the appropriate button at the bottom:
- Approve the request if the Doctor agrees to the repeat script or referral
- Reject the request if the patient is not an existing patient, or the Doctor does not agree to the repeat script or referral
- The patient will then be sent an email to notify them that their request has been approved and ready to collect via their chosen means, or rejected and to call the clinic directly to enquire further.