Best Practice - Medical Director (Pracsoft) - Zedmed - Helix - Genie - Optomate - Dental4Windows - HotDoc Calendar
How can I install a HotDoc Widget on my website?
Widgets are applications that you can install on your website which allow your patients to:
- Browse your bookable doctors
- Book appointments
- Manage their appointments
The installation is not hard, we'll walk you through it!
- Log in to your Dashboard and select Bookings > Widgets from the menu on the left:
- The Widgets section of the Dashboard gives you a short overview of the two options for your website, a Lightbox or a Frame, as well as showing live demos of both so that you can choose which option suits you best:
Option 1: Lightbox
This option will show as a button (see below) and once clicked, a box will appear where patients will be able to select appointments without leaving your website:
Option 2: Frame
This option will embed a list of the doctors that can be booked right into your website:
- Once you've decided on the type of widget you'd like, select 'Install a Widget' to review and complete the steps to create and install your Lightbox or Frame:
- Once all options are chosen, a code snippet will generate. Copy the code and paste it in your website wherever you want the iframe to appear. You may need login access to your website or ask your web developer to do this.
If your practice is going through our installation process, we recommend copying your Onboarding Manager into this email so they can assist with any questions.