Widgets are applications that you can install on your website which allow your patients to:
- Browse your bookable doctors
- Book appointments
- Manage their appointments
The HotDoc Dashboard allows you to generate the code needed for this type of application. Once you have the code, you can install this onto your website, or provide it to your website manager to install on your behalf.
How to install the HotDoc Widget
- Log in to your Dashboard and select Bookings > Widgets from the menu on the left:
- The Widgets section of the Dashboard gives you a short overview of the two options for your website, a widget and a lightbox, as well as showing live demos of both so that you can choose which option suits you best:
Option 1: Lightbox. This option will show as a button (see below) and once clicked, a box will appear where patients will be able to select appointments without leaving your website:
Option 2: Frame. This option will embed a list of the doctors that can be booked right into your website:
- Once you've decided on the type of widget you'd like, select 'Install a Widget' to review and complete the steps to create and install your widget or lightbox:
- Once all options are chosen, there will be some generated code that you can copy and add yourself, or send to your Web Developer.
If your clinic is going through our installation process, we recommend copying your Onboarding Manager into this email so they can assist with any questions.