- Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003, Server 2008R1 are known to have compatibility issues with versions of HotDoc 3.3.x. and above. If you are using one of these legacy Operating Systems, contact HotDoc for an appropriate earlier version.
- For HotDoc versions 3.3.x and above .NET 4.5 is required. This is included by default with Windows 8, Windows 10 and Windows 2012. For older Windows editions it can be downloaded from https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/confirmation.aspx?id=42642
- If your configuration blacklists by default, then the following domains must be whitelisted on your firewall:
- Zedmed users first need to add a HotDoc use
- Open Zedmed
- Go to Utilities > Security. Here you can add a new user.
- Enter User name HOTDOC
- Code HD
- First Name HotDoc and surname Online
- Double click user roles below - select Administrator and Clinical.
- Save and create a password.
- Login to the server using an administrator account
- Download the HotDoc Installer from the link in the email provided to you. It will be called hotdoc-appointments-setup-3.3.x.exe or similar.
- Run the installer and follow the prompts (leave all defaults unless you require a different install directory)
- Once installed you will need to take one of the following steps in order to have the Hotdoc Sidebar appear (this only needs to be done once)
- Log out of Windows and log back in
- Run the side bar installer.msi located at
- An animated HotDoc logo will display while the sidebar is being installed
- When the animation finishes, you should be left with with the Sidebar open on the right hand side of you screen and a ‘HotDoc Sidebar’ icon on your desktop (to allow opening if closed in the future)
- Log into the HotDoc Sidebar using the details provided to you
- Click ‘Open Dashboard’, and a new window will open
- Log into the HotDoc Dashboard with the same details you used for the sidebar
- Navigate to ‘Setup/Install HotDoc’
- Complete all details as required by your selected practice management system
- You can use the ‘Use this device’ option to set your ‘Server path’ to the current machine's computer name.
- Zedmed users should use the username and password for their newly created user
- Once complete select ‘Test Connection’ to verify the details are correct. After you receive two green lights, click ‘Save’
- The practices public profile can be configured under ‘Setup/Practice Profile’
Installation on Reception PC's
This follows the same process as ‘Installation on Server’ up to Step 8. Extra steps for connection configuration in dashboard are not required, this configuration is only performed once.
If you require assistance with this, please contact HotDoc at firstname.lastname@example.org